Welcome to the website of St Paul’s German Evangelical Lutheran Church in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City! We are a German-speaking Lutheran congregation and an official cooperative partner of the Evangelical Church, Germany (EKD, Evangelische Kirche in Deutschland). On our website you will find information, events, and insights about our church community in the Big Apple.
We hope you enjoy exploring and are happy about your visit!
Upcoming Masses and Events
- Thursday Dec 20 at 6:00 pm.
- Meet at our church for neighborhood Christmas Caroling with musicians from the Chelsea Symphony Orchestra. Caroling is done in cooperation with the Block Association, Chelsea Symphony Orchestra, and NYPD.
- Sunday Dec 23 at 10:30 am.
- Fourth Sunday of Advent. Mass with communion, followed by coffee hour*.
- Christmas Eve Dec 24 at 2:00 pm.
- Bilingual family mass with Nativity Play in cooperation with CityKids.
- Christmas Day Dec 25 at 10:30 am.
- Mass with communion.
- Christmas Day Dec 25 at 4:00 pm.
- Bilingual dinner mass.
- Sunday Dec 30 at 10:30 am.
- Mass followed by coffee hour*.
- Sunday Jan 6 at 10:30 am.
- Epiphany (Three Kings’ Day). Mass with communion, followed by coffee hour*.
- Sunday Jan 13 at 10:30 am.
- Sunday service with communion, followed by coffee hour. Sunday school and activities for children.
*Coffee Hour - Members and friends, our Sunday coffee hour needs your help! Would you please help with the preparation and clean-up and by bringing a cake? Volunteer for December Volunteer for January